Friday, September 23, 2016

tyvek



For some reason I opted for the 9 foot tall roll of Tyvek Housewrap.  I think it comes in shorter rolls but since I normally work alone the 9 foot roll seemed the most difficult to work with solo and since I don't seem to do anything the easy way it was a no brainer to get the monster roll.  Fortunately for me I had help, Thanks Duc!, and although awkward we got the whole house wrapped in an afternoon.  We had one person hold the roll at the bottom of the trailer/plywood edge with me up on the ladder guiding the unrolling and stapling as we go.  I guess we could have stapled on end, unrolled to the other end of the wall, straightened it and then stapled but we didn't so deal with it.  I used staples instead of the nails with the plastic washer heads because I had staples on hand.  Then I taped all the seams with the Tyvek tape to seal out moisture.  The whole process was a tiny bit easier than most of my building endeavors although I still wasn't able to avoid all the wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment