Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Additional framing and fixing old framing

This weekend was the first day of build at the new site and the weather cooperated nicely, if a little too warm for my taste and way too warm for May.  Leveling the trailer ended up being easier than I was expecting which has me worried that I did something wrong.  The loose gravel hasn't effected the leveling quite as much yet but I'll keep checking as the site settles.  I've got two scissor jacks and the trailer jack holding it slightly off the wheel with cinder blocks ready to stabilize it.  Next I unboxed all the framing that I'd done so far.



Then I continued to frame around the windows and doors.




Then while trying to drag the long walls off the trailer and set them up by myself I damaged some of the joints and probably my back.  I took the long walls apart at the seam that I damaged which had the added benefit of making it easier to move and gave me the opportunity to replace some of the wall studs that got the early "close enough" measurement.




I got some help from my site hosts which made all the difference.  I even took some time to practice laying the plywood sheathing down on the finished short wall just so I could see what that will be like.  As the weekend went on and the heat kept getting higher the mistakes started become more frequent so when I framed my last window upside down I decided I was done for the day.  Hopefully I'll get to start on the sheathing next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment